Share your vision of the world you want
Our choices are powerful. Their effects can reach far beyond us. They can help us shape the world we want. The daily decisions you make about what to eat, drink and wear affect the lives of people around the world – and the health of our planet.
What does the world you want to see look like?
Launched in Fairtrade Fortnight 2021, the Choose The World You Want Youth Exhibition invites young people between the ages of 5 and 25 to share their vision of the world they want for farmers and workers worldwide, and the planet we share. This Summer, create your vision for the world you want and celebrate the collective power that we all have to make the world a more just and sustainable place.
How do you get involved?
Share your artwork, poem, prose or film for a chance for your work to be exhibited in the online Choose The World You Want Youth Exhibition. Email your vision masterpiece to email@example.com with the subject line CHOOSE THE WORLD YOU WANT stating your name and age in the email. A selection of entries will be uploaded to the exhibition in the months running up to the UN Climate Conference – COP26 -taking place in Glasgow in November. Read more about COP26 here.
Top tips for your exhibition piece
- If an image, try to take a clear photo in natural lighting. Try to fill the whole frame with your artwork.
- If a video, it must be shot in landscape, not portrait, and shared with us via a link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo.
- If you have written a poem or prose, please keep it to a maximum of one side of A4 and share electronically as an email, word document or PDF
- Remember to get consent from a parent or guardian!
Youth Exhibition Terms and Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59pm on November 1 2021.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the exhibition.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 25. If you are under the age of 16, you must have consent from a parent or guardian.
- To submit an entry to the exhibition, email your vision to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CHOOSE THE WORLD YOU WANT stating your name and age in the email.
- By submitting your vision, you consent to it being used in the Choose The World You Want Youth Exhibition, and for promotional use thereafter.
- A selection of entries will be chosen from all eligible entries.
- The entrants first name and age may be published at the Exhibition and on Fairtrade Foundation social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the exhibition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this exhibition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This exhibition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this exhibition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower’s Walk, London, E1 8PY.