Patrick’s Virtual Visit
We’re happy to bring Fairtrade tea producer Patrick Kaberia into your school! This short film features Patrick answering questions about tea farming in Kenya and Fairtrade in a Q&A format.
Patrick talks about climate change and the impact it is having on tea farmers in the part of Kenya where he lives.
There are also supporting documents and activities including:
- A Home Learning Grid
- Instructions for teachers on how to make the most of this resource
- Background Notes – a little more information about tea, the FAIRTRADE Mark and co-operatives as well as ways to introduce terms such as sustainability and consumer power in class
- A worksheet for students – using Google Maps or an atlas to find out more about where tea is grown plus a design activity where students think about what information they want to see on packaging
- The Negotiating Game – a group activity to show the power of working together
- Consumer Power activity – a class activity that uses graphs and charts to show how we can make a difference with our shopping choices
- Ideas for a discussion around where the things we buy come from
Film length: 06m47s