2022 Fairtrade Youth Exhibition activity
Take action this Fairtrade Fortnight and send a message to inspire climate action!
Last year, the 2021 Fairtrade Youth Exhibition saw 13,000 visitors. This year, the Fairtrade Youth Exhibition will open for a second year, with huge potential to inspire thousands of festival-goers.
In celebration of Fairtrade Fortnight 2022, young people are invited to send a message to the individuals, businesses, MPs and wider community visiting the Choose The World You Want Festival – a message to inspire climate action and remind exhibition visitors that we must listen to the farmers most affected by climate change.
The climate crisis isn’t fair, but together we can take action for a fairer future. We can make huge changes to our way of life if we all take collective action.
Display your message on a placard, write an inspiring poem, create a short video message or use any other medium that inspires you! Your message will act as a reminder to all that we need to listen to the farmers most affected by climate change and take action for a fairer future.
Follow these steps to take part in the 2022 Fairtrade Youth Exhibition:
- Create a visual message to inspire climate action.
- Send a your message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: EXHIBITION ENTRY, followed by your NAME and AGE.
- Visit the Youth Exhibition Hall and get inspired to take climate action for a fairer future!
- The Exhibition Hall will be open for viewing from mid-February and will close for entries on Friday 11 March 2022.
Top tips for your exhibition piece
- If an image, try to take a clear photo in natural lighting. Try to fill the whole frame with your artwork.
- If a video, it must be shot in landscape, not portrait, and shared with us via a link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo.
- If you have written a poem, please keep it to a maximum of one side of A4 and share electronically as an email or Word Document.
- Remember to get consent from a parent or guardian!
Terms and Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59pm on March 11th 2022.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the exhibition.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 25. If you are under the age of 16, you must have consent from a parent or guardian.
- To submit an entry to the exhibition, email your vision to email@example.com with the subject line EXHIBITION ENTRY, followed by NAME and AGE.
- By submitting your vision, you consent to it being used in the Youth Exhibition Hall, and for promotional use thereafter.
- A selection of entries will be chosen from all eligible entries.
- The entrants first name and age may be published at the Exhibition and on Fairtrade Foundation social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the exhibition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this exhibition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This exhibition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this exhibition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower’s Walk, London, E1 8PY.