Get involved in the 2022 Fairtrade Youth Exhibition
Take action this Fairtrade Fortnight and send a message to inspire climate action!
Last year, the 2021 Fairtrade Youth Exhibition saw 13,000 visitors. This year, the Fairtrade Youth Exhibition will open for a second year, with huge potential to inspire thousands of festival-goers.
In celebration of Fairtrade Fortnight 2022, young people are invited to send a message to the individuals, businesses, MPs and wider community visiting the Choose The World You Want Festival – a message to inspire climate action and remind exhibition visitors that we must listen to the farmers most affected by climate change.
The climate crisis isn’t fair, but together we can take action for a fairer future. We can make huge changes to our way of life if we all take collective action.
Display your message on a placard, write an inspiring poem, create a short video message or use any other medium that inspires you! Your message will act as a reminder to all that we need to listen to the farmers most effected by climate change and take action for a fairer future.
Follow these steps to take part in the 2022 Fairtrade Youth Exhibition:
- Create a visual message to inspire climate action.
- Send a your message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: EXHIBITION ENTRY, followed by your NAME and AGE.
- Visit the Youth Exhibition Hall and get inspired to take climate action for a fairer future!
- The Exhibition Hall will be open for viewing from mid-February and will close for entries on Friday 11 March 2022.
Top tips for your exhibition piece
- If an image, try to take a clear photo in natural lighting. Try to fill the whole frame with your artwork.
- If a video, it must be shot in landscape, not portrait, and shared with us via a link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo.
- If you have written a poem, please keep it to a maximum of one side of A4 and share electronically as an email or Word Document.
- Remember to get consent from a parent or guardian!
Youth Exhibition (the “Exhibition”) Terms and Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59pm on March 11th 2022.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Exhibition. This is an Exhibition entry only with no prize or winner being drawn.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 25. If you are under the age of 16, you must have consent from a parent or guardian to enter.
- To submit an entry to the Exhibition, email your entry work (art, poems, writings, designs etc.) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘EXHIBITION ENTRY’, followed by ‘FIRST NAME ONLY’ and ‘AGE’ (optional).
- A selection of entries will be chosen from all eligible entries. Selected entries will be posted on http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/choose-the-world-you-want/exhibition-hall/ until 1st August 2023, after which time all entries and entry information will be deleted accordingly. Selected entries will also be posted on @FairtradeUKEd and @FairtradeUK social media channels. No new publications will be transmitted or posted after 1st August 2023.
- By submitting your entry work to the Exhibition, you consent to the entry work being used in the online Youth Exhibition Hall and social media channels. Additionally, submitting an entry work may which disclose your face, voice or any other personal identifying factors including personal information, you understand the risk of personal identification and by submitting your entry work, consent to the use of personal information submitted for publication in the online Youth Exhibition Hall and social media channels.
- The entrants first name and age may be published at the Exhibition and on Fairtrade Foundation social media platform profiles until 1st August 2023, after which time all entries and data will be deleted accordingly. Additionally, no new social media publications will be transmitted or posted using the entrants’ submission materials or personal data after 1st August 2023.
- Fairtrade reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to the Exhibition terms at our discretion. Any subsequent decisions in respect of the Exhibition terms and conditions shall be final; and no correspondence or further reply in respect of an appeal to any of those decisions will be entered into by Fairtrade.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by English law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the ‘winner’ entry, all entries, or any other entrants information will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this Exhibition and will not be used (other than for limited use as permitted and agreed with Fairtrade) for marketing purposes or for disclosure to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This Exhibition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by, partnered or associated with: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network platform.
- By entering this Exhibition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions, and potentially subsequent third-party social media platforms.
- The promoter of the Exhibition is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower’s Walk, London, E1 8PY.